Sunday, December 13, 2009

Write Every Day Down

This blog was inspired by a few things. 

1) I journal on my own to capture what is going on and to process the myriad thoughts that flood my brain all the time.  Writing them down seems to bring clarity and revelation for me and can serve to encourage others.

2) Jason Upton, a favorite worshipper of mine, has a song I don't think is on CD yet called "The Traveler" that was inspired by this notion of each of us being travelers passing by one another on the road and how we will be surprised when we get to sit at the wedding feast with Jesus and we see who is at the table with us--some we would not have thought will be and others we assumed would be will not.  He also has a song in which a chorus admonishes us to "write everyday down".  In so doing, we will have a testimony to future gernations and to ourself  that God was living and moving in our day. 

Here's a short video of Jason and the heart behind that phrase.

3) Lastly, I am continually challenged to not despise the day of small beginnings, and I'm reminded to start where I am and use what is in my hand.  Writing my journey down is one of the tools in my hand.  I am not the most outgoing person and many people will never know my thoughts, feelings, and revelations the Lord gives me.  This is a way of having a record, a testimony, and a platform to share.